Become a member of NATSIWA
There are 2 types of Membership:-
1. Individual Membership
An individual may apply for membership if the person is:
- An Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander Woman; and
- 18 years and over.
2. Organisational Membership
An organisation that represents the interests of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women at a national, regional, state or territory level may apply for membership if it meets at least three of the following criteria:
- be incorporated as an organisation, company or association;
- at least 51% of the organisation’s members are Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander;
- at least 51% of the organisation’s members are female;
- at least 51% of the organisation’s Board/Committee/Council members are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander; and
- that the principal purpose and activity of the organisation is related specifically to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders.
An organisational member shall nominate an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander woman as their representative. An organisations representative will be granted one vote on behalf of the organisation. If that woman is also an individual member then she will have two votes, one in her individual capacity, and one on behalf of the organisational member.
The NATSIWA Board:-
- Must consider all applications for membership within a reasonable period after they are received by the corporation;
- May refuse to accept a person’s application for membership; and
- If they do, they must notify the applicant in writing of the decision and the reasons for it.
If you would like to become a Member, please download a copy of the Membership form provided in the following links.